Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Class Introduction

I knew this class would be interesting especially with all of the strong personalities that are in this class. Technology could be interesting over the course of the semester. However, maybe it will teach me to have more patience and to be more flexible with my scheduling.

I am looking forward to the semester and watching each individual (including myself) learn and grow. I know that I am trained to teach this class. However, that does not make me an expert in all cultures. Therefore, it will be great for me to be able to learn from the people in this class and our guest speakers as well. (It has already been fun networking with the guest speakers. Since I am not from this area so I have had to ask for help from others.)

I always like watching the video Communicating Between Cultures. I think it is a good refresher for everyone. We sometimes forget that everyone is not like us. (We also forget that everyone else does not need to conform to what we believe or value!) I know I have had some experience with various cultures through my travels, my career, and my own personal life. However, that does not mean that I am perfect. I still have a lot of learning to do. I hope through this class, I can learn with my students.

It will be a good semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment